Geotechnical Investigation, Materials Testing and Inspection for District-Wide New Construction Projects at 9 Different Campuses (2015)
The project consisted of new construction at nine different (9) campuses within the Redondo Beach Unified School District. Some of the improvements at the Redondo Union High School included the construction of a new student services building, gymnasium, swimming pool, field house building, flatwork, and retaining walls.
In January 2015, GAI completed a geotechnical study for a new two-story classroom building at Parras Middle School. The scope of work included geotechnical and geohazard study, soils testing and inspection, as well as field testing on base and asphalt for different projects.
GAI provided during construction services at site investigation and soils report, which included recommendations for grading, fill materials, temporary excavation, temporary shoring systems.
LOCATION: Redondo Beach, CA
ADDITIONAL PROJECTS FOR THIS SCHOOL DISTRICT INCLUDE:
- Alterations to 2-Industrial Arts Buildings and Science Building HVAC Modernization at Redondo Union High School (Materials Testing and Inspection)
- Shade Structure at the South Bay Adult School (Soils and Materials Testing and Inspection Services)
- Jefferson Elementary School Retaining Wall (Soils and Materials Testing and Inspection Services)
- New Synthetic Turf Playfields at Adams Middle School and Alta Vista Elementary School (Geotechnical Investigation)
- New Synthetic Turf Playfields at Redondo Union High School (Geotechnical Investigation)