Pavement Engineering is a branch of civil engineering that uses engineering techniques to design flexible (asphalt), rigid (concrete), or composite pavements. This includes streets and highways and involves knowledge of soils, traffic engineering, and material properties. Pavement engineering involves the design and construction of new pavements, as well as rehabilitation and maintenance of existing pavements.
Geo-Advantec team has completed numerous pavement study and design projects for public agencies in Southern California, including the Cities of Commerce, Compton, Covina, Downey, Industry, La Mirada, Pomona, San Dimas, and several Caltrans/Metro highway projects. We have also designed runway and taxiway pavement sections for Palmdale Air Force Base.
Our services in this category include the following items:
- Pavement Management Program/Survey
- New Pavement Design
- Life-Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA)
- Pavement Rehabilitation Study and Design
- Value Engineering of Pavement Projects
- Distress and Failure Cause Study of Pavements
- Asphalt Laboratory Testing
- Pavement Field/Batch Plant Inspection and Testing